Thursday, February 9, 2012

Reflecting on technology in the classroom

     After seeing just a few presentations of the lesson plans I am so excited with all of the possibilities technology will be bring to the classroom in the future. Flipping through the text to upcoming chapters, I discovered a number of ideas which I would have never thought of on my own. So many of the chapters have me already imagining a lesson centered around particular technologies. For instance, creating Facebooks for characters in a novel is genius in my opinion. Students would undoubtedly love an assignment centered around Facebook and would more than likely go the extra mile if it were assigned as a bonus assignment. In general, I am really enjoying the presentations and the lesson plans on which they expand upon.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I'm loving the different discussions of what we may or may not use in our own classrooms and what adaptations we might make. It makes me so excited to finally have my own group of students to actually use these with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see that you are enjoying the presentations. I, too am enjoying seeing how you all approach these digital tools and I also like to hear about how you would possibly teach them.

    ReplyDelete