Sunday, April 1, 2012

"I Just Need to Draw"

I think class on Friday was really refreshing and would be in a high school classroom, too. I enjoyed how it got us out of our seats and able to interact with one another. While viewing the differences was interesting I felt that the many similarities between our pictures were also intriguing. I'd really like to see how people would draw a more elaborate scene. It would remind me of when a book is transformed into a movie and after reading both versions you stop and think "the characters in the movie were nothing like what I imagined in my head." People might have a completely different image of what characters looked like and I think it'd be fun to play around with why certain characters were thought to look a certain way. Additionally, I feel sketching out certain parts of a story would be really beneficial to some students. Sometimes it's easy to forget that not everyone has the ability to imagine a the story in their head so taking a marker or colored pencil and actually drawing it out could help them grasp the story that much better and really connect with the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment